Are you looking for a funny and useful mom blog?

Good, you came to the right place!Hi, my name is Chantal Sarkisian and I am a new mom who had a sweet baby boy named Victor in Feb 2013. Join me on this blog to follow my new mommy journey while I am on my maternity leave. I'll ramble quickly about all the random thoughts that go through my head when I am feeding in the middle of the night, or trying to put my son to sleep. I'll also blog about my favourite things, give you helpful tools, and explore activities to do (mostly in the Ottawa region) with kids and maybe some product reviews too! Thanks for reading!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Easy meals in minutes: quinoa salad

I always make a point of ensuring I plan healthy meals to stay on track for my weight loss... I don't like that word "weight loss", I hesitate using it, but you know what I mean. I don't actually care about my weight, I just want to be in shape.

I make a huge vat of quinoa salad because it keeps well, it's jammed packed with veggies and it's filling. When I don't have time to make a balanced meal for one and when my husband works late, it's the perfect meal for me!

This salad is so flexible, I just make it with what I have on hand. Here is today's version.

Ingredients:
- cooked quinoa, red quinoa and mung beans
- diced cucumber, tomato, red pepper, green onion, radish
- pumpkin seeds, dill, dried cranberries
- dressing: grape seed oil, lemon, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, sumac and my new obsession pomegranate molases!

I prepared the salad while V napped. It requires a bit of chopping time, like any delicious salad. But I'm really quick in the kitchen and made this in less than 15 minutes. Result= SO GOOD!

What's your go to healthy meal in minutes? Would you like to see more quick recipes? Leave your comments below!

N.B. I will be drawing prizes in my next posts for people who leave comments below ;) (so open a GD google account!!!) hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment